8 September 2008

Sharing the Passion

I'm at work preparing for a presentation I'm giving to teacher librarians on Thursday and thought my blog readers might also enjoy these Miss Marple snippets from YouTube.
I've chosen 3 YouTube videos but when you view them you should find you have access to many more.

I can't imagine that any Agatha Christie readers could have ever thought Margaret Rutherford was anything like Jane Marple as she was described in the books, but what a hoot she was on the screen!
View this in Full Screen Mode with your sound on. When you've finished viewing a number of other choices will display in the thumb-nails along the bottom of the screen.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This Joan Hickson one is here particularly as I thought it might tickle the fancy of the Teacher Librarians I am talking to. It comes from "The Body in the Library".


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this Geraldine McEwan one - quite a long one from Nemesis- is just to remind us of the role that Agatha Christie played in recording history for us in a way that few others did.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's another one - an interview recorded with Joan Hickson on the occasion of Agatha Christie's 100th birthday.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And while I'm at it, here are a couple more videos that I'm going to use during my presentation.

Crowdsourcing - a term coined by Jeff Howe. I am particularly interested in the comments about forming communities out of shared interests.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here, finally, is Social Networking in Plain English



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin