25 September 2008

What's on Your Nightstand?

I like the idea of this meme.
The original link is at 5minutesforbooks and then I was reminded of it by Reading Adventures .

Too many books is the answer.
My recent venture into an Agatha Christie Reading Challenge has seen THE MYSTERIOUS AFFAIR AT STYLES supplant
COLD IN HAND, John Harvey
and push THE YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION, Michael Chabon further down
In the car, not strictly on my nightstand, I've nearly finished reading THE SKELETON IN THE CLOSET by M.C. Beaton and will soon be ready to listen to THE MIRACLE AT SPEEDY MOTORS by Alexander MCCall Smith.

And,oh, I'm almost listening to daily gobbets of CORDUROY MANSIONS, Alexander McCall Smith.

But this list ignores the 16 library books, 20 review books, and sundry others clamouring for attention!

I'm away at conferences in Canberra and Brisbane next week, and air travel always means I get more reading done. So too nights in hotel rooms with not much else to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I love traveling for the fact that it helps me read much more than I usually have time (or make time) for.

Thanks for joining in!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin