17 January 2009

Bloggers who Inspire Me

Many thanks to Vanda at Overkill who gave me the Inspiration Award. I've slightly modified the image she handed on but I guess that is the way with memes.

Part of this Inspiration Award is that you hand it on to other bloggers who inspire you and whose blogs add that sparkle to your day. In fact there are rules :

1. Please put the logo of the award on your blog.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.
4. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.

So don't cringe when you see me coming with yet another meme in hand folks!

My bloggers I watch list has expanded to 100 people over the last few months, so I've looked carefully at the people who have helped me on my journey in the last 12 months by consistently visiting, leaving comments, handing on good advice, giving me ideas, and providing avenues through which my blog has become known to a wider audience.

Choosing my 7 Victims wasn't easy because there are many more who have inspired me in others ways. My victims are not listed in any order of preference. They all people to whom I feel very grateful for the fact that they have gone out of their way for me.
  • Patti Abbott at Pattinase who invited me to contribute to Friday's Forgotten Books and provided a weekly pleasure in researching ever since.
  • Peter at Detectives beyond Borders who kept insisting I look at what he was writing on his blog even before I appreciated what blogging actually was.
  • Bernadette who now has a book blog of her own at Reactions to Reading, but in the early days last year told me about BookMooch and other pleasures
  • Debra at Sunday Salon who has brought 320 bloggers together and provided a venue for me to reach a wider audience.
  • Marg at Reading Adventures who seems to read my every post and inpsires me with all her activities.
  • Maxine at Petrona who has helped me in so many ways and feels like the calm voice of sensibility, with advice on so many aspects of crime fiction reading and blogging.

  • Martin at Do You Write Under Your Own Name whose blog I have been reading now for well over a year. I enjoy his books and I enjoy his posts.
So I hope you will accept this award everyone, and take some of the credit in helping me along in the blogging world.

11 comments:

Vanda Symon said...

I like the way you've tinkered with the jpeg - I'm going to borrow it now (-:

Kerrie said...

You're very welcome Vanda. I just added some word art to the image in Word and then saved the lot as an image. Quite simple when you know how.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me, Kerrie!

pattinase (abbott) said...

And me, Kerrie. You are an inspiration to me with your constantly interesting and informative blog.

Kerrie said...

Blogging has opened up a whole new dimension in the online world for me and you, Debra and Patti, have been the inspiration behind so many of my posts.

Marg said...

I try to read every post!

Thanks so much. This is such a nice award to receive.

Kerrie said...

One of the joys last year Marg was meeting you in Melbourne during the Melbourne Writers' festival. Every time I read one of your blog posts I picture that meeting.

Bernadette said...

awwwwww shucks Kerrie...thankyou

I just did a post last week about the blogs I love (which included you) so I'll have to give some thought about how to pass this award on

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your very kind words, Kerrie, I'm blushing! It is quite amazing how your blog has developed over such a short space of time. I am always so impressed by all the applications you add and your general organisation and energy for writing (and of course, the prior reading) so many insightful posts.

Kerrie said...

We all learn from each other don't we Bernadette and Maxine? Blogging opens up such avenues

Martin Edwards said...

Thanks again, Kerrie. I finally got round to putting down some thoughts about this on my blog, and although I've deviated a bit from your rules, I hope you find the variation interesting.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin