18 January 2009

Weekly Geeks 2009 #2 - What it means to be a Weekly Geek

This week's Weekly Geek Question asks what it means to be a Weekly Geek.

I guess I qualify to be a Weekly Geek because I am really addicted to blogging. I promised myself at the beginning of this year that I would try to cut down to one daily post. Last year I posted 456 times in 365 days. But instead of being more restrained, it looks to me as if I am becoming more addicted. This will be the 28th post for January already.

What I value about Weekly Geeks is the opportunity to browse the blogs of others, to look at how their blogs are constructed, what their graphics look like, what challenges they have taken up. I like the way it brings a community of bloggers together. From them I get ideas of gadgets/widgets I could add to mine, new topics to blog about, new books to look out for.

13 comments:

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Good answer it is always nice to find new and interesting things on blogs. And just finding new blogs. :-)

Kerrie said...

Thanks for visiting Shannon

Bonnie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind welcome to Weekly Geeks!
I'm really looking forward to participating. I'm happy to find your blog as well!!

Kerrie said...

You are very welcome Bonnie

pussreboots said...

You summed up my feelings for Weekly Geeks perfectly (and my addiction to blogging).

Kerrie said...

It is a good thing I work during the week otherwise I would be always sitting online like I do during the weekends

Eva said...

It is fun to see different layouts/challenges! I hadn't thought of that before. :)

Louise said...

It really is great to find new blogs and that is just one of the things WG has "done for me". I think I found your blog through Marg's blog which I found doing a google search for "book blogs" and I know I found WG either through one of your blogs or through one of the blogs you link to.....As long as you find just one great blog, the sky's suddenly the limit.

Ana S. said...

On the bright side, there are much worse addictions :P

Kerrie said...

Eva, Bogsider & Nymeth. Thanks for visiting, You are right about there being much worse addictions Nymeth. And yes, one of the beauties of blogging is that one leads to another and then another.

Becky said...

I love your answer! I think we may be kindred spirits. I love blogging a bit too much :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I also gets lots of idea for my blog design from other bloggers. I also find lots of gadgets to use at my place. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Kerrie said...

Thanks for visiting Becky and Sherrie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin