I have a pretty active online life, in Yahoo groups (oz_mystery_readers in particular), in Twitter (smiksa), on this blog, in Friend Feed (Crime and mystery fiction), and I monitor lots of fellow crime fiction bloggers (Crime Fiction Journeys)
It is interesting to see the same "faces" crop up in different places. You do develop a coterie of cyber friends don't you?.
In Twitter I've been thinking about joining a "twibe"- not sure that I need one, or if I will create one just for crime fiction readers/bloggers.
Fair Dinkum Reviews is a collective blog being added to by a group of Australian book reviewers including me. We will mainly be including crime fiction but not exclusively. If you want to monitor inclusions either by RSS feed or by becoming a "follower".
- Weekly Geeks - What Challenges are you doing?
- Watch new Miss Marple on ABC TV 8.30pm Sunday night
- Robotham's SHATTER shortlisted for Barry Award
- now - THE REDEEMER, Jo Nesbo
- then - THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE, Stieg Larsson
- in the car - PERIL AT END HOUSE, Agatha Christie
- Awards Shortlists - Similarities and Differences
You might like to check this one out in particular. It lists nearly 100 crime fiction titles that have been shortlisted for various awards so far this year. It shows what awards thya have been listed for, and quite clearly shows those listed for multiple awards.
- Detective Pairs, Twosomes
Have you noticed how many detective duos there are? Who are your favourites?
- Barry Awards shortlist announced
- Review: NAME TO A FACE, Robert Goddard
- Forgotten Books: Do you remember Mr Harley Quin?
People who have just read Agatha Christie novels may never have come across Mr Harley Quin because he lived in the short story world.
- Wordless Wednesday: A tribute to libraries
Some wonderful architecture? How does your library compare?
- ACRC Update - 16 June 2009
An update of where I am on the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge highway. The challenge to read Agatha Christie books in order continues to engage me.
- ACRC: Short Stories, Update #3
- Review: THE MYSTERIOUS MR QUIN, Agatha Christie
You might remember that this poll has been running for two weeks, but in fact only 6 of the votes were recorded in the second week.
Some things surprised me:
- that nearly 25% of those who took the poll had not read any of the books.
- that only about 1/3 had the other books
Additions/changes to my blog
I've added a Google Translate widget that allows readers to choose a language to read my blog in. I don't read any other language so I am not sure how accurate the translations are, but have had some feedback that it works well enough with Greek and Dutch. If you are proficient in a language other than English, then you might like to test it out for me and let me know - you'll have to write your comment in English though. Do you find tools like this useful?