29 January 2010

2010 Global Reading Challenge: Update #4

I am restricting my participation in the 2010 Global Reading Challenge to crime fiction titles, but participants can use books of any genre of their choosing.
Join the challenge here.



create your own visited country map

The Expert Challenge
Read two novels from each of these continents in the course of 2010:
Africa
Asia

Australasia
Europe

North America (incl Central America)
South America

Antarctica


Select novels from fourteen different countries or states.: My count so far: 6

5 comments:

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

Kerrie very interesting titles. I have also chosen Peter Temple and Deon Meyer books for the Global Challenge. I loved The Brass Verdict very much and I do have Leighton Gage in my TBR list. Last but not least I do follow regularly your excellent blog.
Best regards from Madrid.

Kerrie said...

So good to hear from you Jose. I have a second Leighton Gage - DYING GASP - on my Kindle - Norman enjoyed that one so I really need to read BURIED STRANGERS first. I'm find the entries on the 2010 Global Challenge site interesting reading too.

Meytal Radzinski said...

It must be fairly difficult to find books that take place in Antarctica. I think I've read maybe 3 or 4 in my whole life... And specializing in crime too... Best of luck!

Uriah Robinson said...

I think blogger ate my comment. I found all three Mario Silvas to be "enjoyable'" reads and they had a very serious message. Brazil has many problems, not exclusive to that country but exacerbated by the huge chasm in prosperity between rich and poor.
As Leighton Gage mentioned in his interview "'Brazil is a very rich country with vast numbers of very poor people living in it."

Uriah Robinson said...

Oops I forgot which post I had commented on. Sorry.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin