26 January 2010

Celebrating Australia Day with Crime Fiction

Among other things, this blog is proudly Australian, and often celebrates crime fiction written by Australian authors.

Today is Australia Day, 26 January 2010, and my blog has come a long way since the post I wrote on Australia Day 2008 and even Australia Day 2009. Both those posts will give you a lot of cultural directions, where to find out some Australian history, and even a quiz to test your knowledge of Australia.Throughout the blog I've used the tags Australian author, Australian crime fiction, and I've talked about Australian awards such as the Davitt Award, and the Ned Kelly Award.

I thought today I'd just highlight reviews I've written of 19 excellent Australian crime fiction titles in the last year. The number at the front is my rating.
Here is a map to help you orient yourself. Adelaide is at centre south.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Australia Day, Kerrie : ). I know I've learned a lot about Austraila (and its crime fiction authors) from you.

Bernadette said...

"We" do produce a great range of quality crime fiction don't we Kerrie. Book blogs like yours and the Oz Mystery group that you run really do a lot to promote it too - heaven knows the bookstores don't really do it, although last year in Melbourne I did see one store that had a dedicated Australian authors section with a special area for local crime fiction.

Anonymous said...

ps Kerrie, There is an award for you on my blog.

Kerrie said...

Many thanks Margot. I'll be right over.

Kerrie said...

We do our bit don't we Bernadette. And I must say we have a few people following Fair Dinkum Reviews too.

Dorte H said...

Happy Australia day!

Maxine Clarke said...

Just teasing, but of your top two Peter Temple was born in South Africa and Michael Robotham in the UK (I think?) ;-)

Only teasing, Aussie crime fiction is great!

Kerrie said...

I'll admit to adopting Peter Temple Maxine but "Born in Australia in November 1960, Michael Robotham grew up in small country towns that had more dogs than people and more flies than dogs."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin