1 January 2010

Challenges for me in 2010

I'm generally not one for challenges because I have so many stimuli for new reading but I do have a few memes that "regulate" my blogging life and to them I've added a couple of challenges for 2010.
In all the challenges I will be reading only crime fiction books. And of course there will be some overlap on the challenges.

Regular Memes/Events

We are just half way through the alphabet in this weekly event and will resume with the letter M on Monday 11 January 2010.

Each week you have to write a blog post about crime fiction related to the letter of the week.
Your post MUST be related to either the first letter of a book's title, the first letter of an author's first name, or the first letter of the author's surname.
So you see you have lots of choice. You could write a review, or a bio of an author, so long as it fits the rules somehow.

See other letters: A B C D E F G H I J K L

Every week I contribute to Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books
We are recommencing on January 8, 2010.

I also take part in Sunday Salon and Weekly Geeks.


Challenges - click on the icons to be taken to the home page of the challenge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Audio Book Challenge hosted at Royal Reviews.

I listen to books to and from work every day so hopefully this will be relatively easy to achieve.

I'm trying for Addicted: 12 books









2010 Global Reading Challenge hosted by Dorte

This challenge is based on reading two books from each continent.

I'm trying for the Expert (14 books) level
.

I'm planning to use a world map to track my progress.


create your own visited country map



Aussie Author Challenge

This one is being run by Book Lover Book Reviews.
I'm signing up for the FAIR DINKUM challenge which requires me to read 8 titles by at least 5 different Aussie authors.

In 2009 I read 20 books by Aussie authors so I should be able to do this easily, although of course mine will have that extra little challenge of being all crime fiction titles.





This is my own challenge- I read roughly an Agatha Christie title a month, in order of publication, but I have been joined on my journey by a number of people.

I feed them into the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Blog Carnival.
I'm using a graphic to show how I'm going.




20 / 87 books. 23% done!


100+ ReadingChallenge hosted by J. Kaye

In 2009 I got to 104 books, so I think this one is well within possibility.

You'll be able to follow my progress on Smik's Reviews.

4 comments:

Booklover Book Reviews said...

Thanks for joining me in this challenge Kerrie! Look forward to sharing reviews with you. I'm inspired by how many Aussie authors you read in 2009 - very patriotic of you :)

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I admire you for taking on the challenges you have taken on. I'll be ready for "M" on Monday : )

Kerrie said...

Oops! I made a mistake Margot - not until Monday 11 Jan!

Used Machinery said...

Best of luck! My best wishes are with you.......

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin