6 January 2010

Vital stats for 2009

Stats probably don't mean a lot until you have no records at all and then you wish you had.

So here are just a few about my reading and my blog for the 2009 calendar year.

104 books read in 2009 (2,864 in the period 1975-2009) - I had aimed to read more but struck a few "chunksters" towards the end of the year which slowed me down.
  • 20 Australian authors
  • 45 British authors
  • 20 Audio books
  • 36 new to me authors
  • I read 4 on my Kindle
  • I read 14 Agatha Christie's, 2 by Mike Befeler, 2 by Rhys Bowen, 2 by Ann Cleeves, 2 by Reginald Hill, 2 by Peter Klein, 2 by Stieg Larsson, 2 by Barry Maitland, 2 by Ian Rankin, 2 by Matthew Reilly, 2 by Ruth Rendell, and 3 by Charles Todd.
How I rated those books
  • 2 rated at 5
  • 36 rated 4.5 to 4.9
  • 58 rated at 4 to 4.4
  • Average rating 4.3
  • only one rated less than 3 and that was a DNF
I wrote 546 posts on my blog, and had about 65,000 visitors (to 90,000 in total)
As you can see from this graph, there was a steady growth in visitors throughout the year.
I've now added a couple more fields to my database records to give me more precision, but I'll never be able to match Bernadette's graphs etc.
Next year I'll be able to tell you how many pages I read - won't that be great?

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

Don't forget to count the minutes you listen as well as pages :)

I do love stats

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I'm glad that you've had such a growth in your visitors; your blog is well-worth lots of visits : )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin