17 May 2011

Crime Fiction Alphabet: R is for Ruth and Reginald

Among my favourite British authors are Reginald Hill and Ruth Rendell, so what I've decided to do for the letter inthe Crime Fiction Alphabet is to point to some of the reviews on my blog of their books.

Between them they have made an incredible contribution to the genre.

They have both written under pseudonyms too: Reginald Hill as Dick Morland, Patrick Ruell, Charles Underhill and Ruth Rendell as Barbara Vine.

Hill, Reginald:
A CURE FOR ALL DISEASES
ASKING FOR THE MOON
4.5, CHILD'S PLAY
DEATH OF A DORMOUSE
MIDNIGHT FUGUE
THE SPY'S WIFE
THE ROAR OF THE BUTTERFLIES
THERE ARE NO GHOSTS IN THE SOVIET UNION
4.8, THE WOODCUTTER (2009)

Rendell, Ruth:
FROM DOON WITH DEATH
PORTOBELLO
4.7, THE MONSTER IN THE BOX (2009)
4.5, A NEW LEASE OF DEATH

There are a couple of Ruth Rendell recent stand alones that I keep thinking I must make time to read:
Tigerlily's Orchids (2010)
The Vault (2011)

2 comments:

Janet Rudolph said...

Finishing up Reginald Hill's The Woodcutter... something very different. That's what I love about his books, even his series, each book is so unique.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Thanks for this. I like both authors very much, too. I'm especially a fan of the Dalziel and Pascoe series but Janet's right; Hill is so versatile. Rendell, of ocurse, is, too, and she is a master of the psychological thriller....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin