31 May 2011

Crime Fiction Alphabet: T is for Charles Todd


I was reminded of how much I enjoy this "author" when I read that a member of the 4MA is moderating a panel at Malice Domestic where Charles Todd is participating. (Since writing that I have had the pleasure of hearing Caroline, half of the Todd duo, at CrimeFest in Bristol)

From Fantastic Fiction:
Charles Todd is a pen name used by the American authors Caroline and Charles Todd. This mother-and-son writing team lives in the eastern United States, in North Carolina and Delaware, respectively. The pseudonymous mystery authors are best known for a series of novels, set in post World War I England. These intelligent and literate books deal with the cases of Inspector Ian Rutledge, a veteran of the European campaigns who is attempting to pick up the pieces of his Scotland Yard career. However, he must keep his greatest burden a secret. Suffering from shell shock, he lives with the constant cynical, taunting voice of Hamish MacLeod, a young Scots soldier he was forced to execute on the battlefield for refusing an order.

Reviews on MiP
SEARCH THE DARK
A PALE HORSE
A TEST OF WILLS
A DUTY TO THE DEAD

Unfortunately I have a lot of reading to catch up with the series.
Ian Rutledge
1. A Test of Wills (1996)
2. Wings of Fire (1998)
3. Search the Dark (1999)
4. Legacy of the Dead (2000)
5. Watchers of Time (2001)
6. A Fearsome Doubt (2002)
7. A Cold Treachery (2005)
8. A Long Shadow (2006)
9. A False Mirror (2007)
10. A Pale Horse (2008)
11. A Matter of Justice (2009)
12. The Red Door (2010)
13. A Lonely Death (2011)

Bess Crawford Mystery
1. A Duty to the Dead (2009)
2. An Impartial Witness (2010)
3. A Bitter Truth (2011)

Check other contributions to the Crime Fiction Alphabet

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I agree; the Charles Todd duo is talented, and I'm glad you highlighted them for this week.

steufel said...

Have to check them out!

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

I haven't heard of Charles Todd before but these mysteries look great. I'm definitely adding some of these to my wishlist :)

Bill Selnes said...

Kerrie: I had really enjoyed the first novels in the series. After being somewhat disappointed I have not read the last few books. Are you finding the latest Rutledge mysteries as good as the early mysteries?

Kerrie said...

Hello Bill, I must admit to having only the read the first few of the series but thoroughly enjoyed them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin