29 July 2011

Win a set of the 2011 Ngaio Marsh Award longlisted novels!

Thanks to Craig Sisterson at Crime Watch, crime fiction readers around the world now have the chance to go into the draw to win a full set of all EIGHT crime, mystery, and thriller novels longlisted for the upcoming 2011 Ngaio Marsh Award.

You can enter the prize draw simply by emailing a photo of yourself reading any New Zealand crime, mystery, or thriller title – contemporary or from days gone by – to ngaiomarshaward at gmail dot com. 
The book in your picture doesn’t have to be set in New Zealand, as long as the author is associated with New Zealand (lives in New Zealand, was born or grew up in New Zealand, etc).  You have until 18 August to get your entry in.

For more information click HERE. This is quite a unique opportunity to learn more about Kiwi crime fiction which is not always available outside New Zealand.
The finalists for the 2011 Award will be announced today (NZT)!

The 2011 Ngaio Marsh Award will be presented on 21 August in Christchurch, at the conclusion of the “Setting the Stage for Murder” event, which will feature the finalists, along with visiting international crime writers Tess Gerritsen and John Hart.
The eight novels on the longlist (and in the picture above) are:
  • BLOOD MEN by Paul Cleave
  • CAPTURED by Neil Cross
  • THE CRIME OF HUEY DUNSTAN by James McNeish
  • DEATH IN THE KINGDOM by Andrew Grant
  • THE FALLEN by Ben Sanders
  • HUNTING BLIND by Paddy Richardson
  • SLAUGHTER FALLS by Alix Bosco
  • SURRENDER by Donna Malane
Here is a photo of me reading one of last year's Ngaio Marsh Award short list, CUT & RUN by Alix Bosco.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Great prize. I'd like to read all those books.

Gunnar Deckare said...

That sounds really interesting! I don´t know if I can find any NZ crime in the bookshops over here. Unless rereading one of my Ngaio Marsch novels counts? I have a couple of those in my bookshelf. Most of them in Swedish translation I think.

Kerrie said...

I'm sure that would be acceptable Gunnar

Dorte H said...

What a nice picture, Kerrie.

I am back home in the company of my TBR so now I just need to persuade one of my daughters to snap one of me & Vanda Symon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin