27 August 2011

What sort of blog do you write?

Here's a little bit of fun for you. Here is a tool where you put in your blog URL and it analyses your writing.

I first used this tool a couple of years back and it seems that my blog has changed just a little.

What the tool does is "analyse" the text of  the exposed "front page" of your blog.

It's conclusion about MYSTERIES in PARADISE is
    The analysis indicates that the author of http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/ is of the type:

    ESTP - The Doers

    The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. 
    The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.
Seems pretty spot on to me. I am happiest when I'm doing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - That was fun! Here was my results:

"INTP - The Thinkers
[INTP]
The logical and analytical type. They are especially attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about."


I'm not quite happy about that last bit, though...

Mack said...

Interesting, my two blogs have different analyses.

My Africa Screams blog has me an ENTP
The charming and trend savvy type. They are especially attuned to the big picture and anticipate trends. They often have sophisticated language skills and come across as witty and social. At the end of the day, however, they are pragmatic decision makers and have a good analytical ability.

At work I tend to be an INTP and my capturescrime.blogspot.com blog comes in with INTP.
The logical and analytical type. They are especially attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

Bill Selnes said...

Kerrie: Thanks for the link. I am analyzed as a thinker like Margot.

skiourophile said...

That is terrifyingly accurate in my case, except I obsessively plan ahead. A very interesting link!

ESFP - The Performers
[ESFP]
The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

Dorte H said...

ESTP - may be true about my blog, but certainly not about me. If I sat more still, I´d be in a coma!

Joanne said...

Mine was Performer. Pretty accurate except that I am rarely in danger of exhausting myself!

Marg said...

I was a performer as well, with a heavy emphasis towards feeling! It certainly captures the last week of posts. would be interesting to do it again at some point to see if it does change a lot.

Anonymous said...

Here's another Performer for you. That was fun :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin