18 November 2011

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge - progress report


This challenge is hosted by the Book Vixen.
The idea is to set yourself a reasonable target for the year.

I decided to aim for Out of Breath: 6-10 more books than in 2010 when I read 136.
So that meant my aim was for 142, and would include all books read in all formats include audio books.

2011 Reviews is where I keep my list for the year and my current count is  144, so I've actually achieved my goal.
The fact that I've done a bit of air travel this year has contributed to the number of books I've been able to read.

So now I'm considering how many more I will manage to read. Perhaps somewhere in the range of 155 to 160. (I have some other challenges to complete so that pressure will help.)
     Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books  (that would be 151)
     I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books (that would be 152+)

Actually the next milestone coming up is that of 500 reviews published on this blog. Just 6 to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - This is most impressive!! I really admire the way you you're able to read so much of so many different kinds of crime fiction.

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Wow! Even with air travel I just don't know how you do it! And all your reviews too. I don't know about being out of breath, I'd need an oxygen mask.:)

Uriah Robinson said...

Well done Kerrie! i am aiming for 50 books read this year, but don't think I will make it, too much going on.
I noted in the comments at Book Vixen someone claimed to have read 446 books in the year! But we are not expecting you to challenge this next year.

kathy d. said...

This is awesome! Congratulations!

I'm aiming for 72 books this year, 6 a month.

I don't know how you do it.

Sarah Weinman, book reviewer and now publishing news reporter and analyst, probably is the one who read 446 books in a year. She speed reads, reads one book at one sitting, knows how to do it.

I don't know her technique but I'm read her explanation.

Bernadette said...

Well done Kerrie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin