1 February 2012

What I read in January 2012 - crime fiction

I've made an excellent start to 2012 with the some stellar reads and an excellent start on some reading challenges.

My local library has served me well, supplying half the books.

There were two books that I rated at 5.0 and they were so different that I am going to name them both as my pick of the month.

I'm surprised that this month only one of the books was a translated title.

  1. 4.7, BLOOD MOON, Garry Disher - library book - Australian
  2. 4.6, THE VAULT, Ruth Rendell - library book
  3. 4.5, A RED HERRING WITHOUT MUSTARD, Alan Bradley - library book
  4. 4.6, THE MISSING, Jane Casey - library book- debut title
  5. 4.0, Some Agatha Christie Short Stories- Kindle
  6. 5.0, THE BROTHERHOOD, Y.A. Erskine - library book - Australian - - PICK OF THE MONTH
  7. 4.2, STEPS TO HEAVEN, Wendy Cartmell- Kindle - debut title.
  8. 4.2, THE ANATOMY OF GHOSTS, Andrew Taylor- library book
  9. 4.2, TOWARDS ZERO, Agatha Christie
  10. 4.5, THE HANGMAN, Louise Penny - Kindle
  11. 4.5, MURDER AT THE SAVOY, Maj Sjowall & Per Wahloo - audio
  12. 5.0,  A TRICK OF THE LIGHT, Louise Penny- library book - PICK OF THE MONTH
  13. 3.5, OUR KIND OF TRAITOR, John Le Carre- audio
  14. 4.7, HEADHUNTERS, Jo Nesbo- Kindle - translated from Norwegian
  15. 4.6, THE MOST DANGEROUS THING, Laura Lippman- library book
  16. 4.5, THE END OF EVERYTHING, Megan Abbott- Kindle
Crime Fiction 2012
This year I am running a monthly meme called Pick of the Month.

If you are a crime fiction reader, I invite you go to the link each month to find out what fellow readers are recommending.

If you are a blogger then it would be great if you would take part in the meme each month.

3 comments:

kathy d. said...

Bravo, Kerrie! Lots of good books here.

I've read some delightful ones this month, including Elly Griffiths' The House at Sea's End; Linwood Barclay's The Accident, the brilliant Inspector and Silence by Hakan Nesser, the confounding, but good 1222 by Anne Holt, and the wonderful Earthly Delights by Kerry Greenwood, among other less inspiring reads.

I'm ready to buy a one-way ticket to Melbourne to move into Corinna Chapman's bakery or to Norfolk to join Ruth Galloway in an archaelogical dig.

And what's better is that I have a stack of books by women from Oz.

Maxine Clarke said...

I've read quite a few of these, and from your scores I thin our opinions are pretty close. I agree with you that The Brotherhood is excellent. (have not read your other top pick)

Sarah said...

Thanks for hosting this Kerrie. I've just added me book of the month - and an Aussie writer at that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin