31 May 2012

Forgotten Book: FLOWERS IN THE RAIN, Rosamunde Pilcher

For many of my contributions this year to Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books  I am focussing on the books I read 20 years ago in 1992. By then my reading diet was almost exclusively crime fiction.

I haven't always been so devoted to murder mystery you know. But I do think puzzles and clues and mysteries have been central to most of my reading. There's a patch in 1992 where I indulged in a little lighter reading, the short stories of Rosamunde Pilcher. Really good short stories usually have a puzzle for the reader to solve, some question that needs an answer. I think one of the best things about short stories is that they are quick to read and complete in themselves.

FLOWERS IN THE RAIN, published in 1991, is a collection of romantic short stories and I must have really enjoyed them because I followed it up with another 6 titles, mainly short story collections.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin