4 May 2012

Not a Doddle after all

At the end of March when I had read 44 books I proclaimed that my target of 166 books in the year was not going to present much of a problem.

After all 44 x 4= 176

But in April I had a bit of a slowdown, read only 9 books, so have reached only 53.
53 x 3 = 159 and suddenly the target looks a bit challenging.

My individual challenges are doing ok but there are some I haven't added to in the last month either, so I need to pay a bit more attention to them, particularly the Canadian Book Challenge, the Global Reading Challenge, and New Zealand authors.

The reading challenges I've joined
 Personal reading challenges
  • American authors: currently 7/20 - this one is actually coming along nicely. I actually read more American authors than I thought I did.
  • translated, currently 7 - 20 last year
  • New Zealand, currently 0/4 -
  • new to me: currently 18 - 60 last year
  • not crime fiction: currently 0 
Tomorrow I'll tell you of my reading plans for the next month or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect you'll more than meet your challenges, Kerrie.

Jo @ Booklover Book Reviews said...

I always find the number and range of books you manage to consume impressive...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin