27 June 2012

Canadian Reading Challenge completed in the nick of time

This is the third year I think that I have participated in the Canadian Book Challenge and it was a near thing. Two weeks ago I realised that I had two books to go.
Anyway, this week I reached my final destination at Lake Huron with the 13th book read between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012.

My own restriction is that each book must be crime fiction and you'll see from my list below that I haven't really broadened my horizons too much. Alan Bradley, Louise Penny, Peter Robinson and Rick Mofina are old favourites. However L.R. Wright and William Deverell were new to me. If I participate in the Challenge again in the next 12 months, I need to find some new authors to locate.

Canadian Book Challenge 2011-2012
13 books to be read -
  1. 4.5, A RED HERRING WITHOUT MUSTARD, Alan Bradley
  2. 4.5, THE HANGMAN, Louise Penny
  3. 5.0,  A TRICK OF THE LIGHT, Louise Penny 
  4. 4.6, BAD BOY, Peter Robinson
  5. 4.5, THE WEED THAT STRINGS THE HANGMAN'S BAG, Alan Bradley
  6. 4.4, A BREWSKI FOR THE OLD MAN, Phyllis Smallman
  7. 4.8, THE SUSPECT, L.R. Wright
  8. 4.2, IN DESPERATION, Rick Mofina
  9. 4.4, ACTS OF MURDER, Laurali R. Wright
  10. 4.4, SKELETONS IN THE CLOSET & Other Creepy Stories, Cheryl Kaye Tardif
  11. 4.9. BEFORE THE POISON, Peter Robinson 
  12. 4.4, THE BURNING EDGE, Rick Mofina
  13. 4.2, APRIL FOOL, William Deverell 

Host is John Mutford at The Book Mine Set 

5 comments:

Irene said...

You did well. I have a difficult time finding new Canadian Authors to "like".

Perogyo said...

Well done on completing the challenge! Are you going to participate next year as well?

My mom loves mysteries and I am always on the lookout for good Canlit to send her. I know Louise Penny and Alan Bradley but the rest are new to me. Thanks so much for sharing!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Good for you! Here's one for you, Linwood Barclay. He's great!

Gavin said...

Great job! I just finished in the nick of time myself. One of my favorites is the John Cardinal series by Toronto author Giles Blunt, and I really do need to read Peter Robinson.

Susan said...

Yes, the Giles Blunt series is excellent! As is the Peter Robinson and Louise Penny series.....I've read some LR Wright and enjoyed it too. Here's some more: Gail Bowen, Maureen Jennings (set in 19th cent Toronto), Barbara Fradkin, and Inger Ash Wolfe.

Congratulations on finishing the Challenge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin