12 June 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet - D is for


I've decided that for my participation in the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2012 I will highlight recently read books or their authors.

So they'll all come from my 2012 Reviews.
At least that's the plan.

My choice this week is BLOOD MOON by Australian author Garry Disher.

It is #5 in a series of novels set mainly in Victoria:
The Challis & Destry novels
The Dragon Man (1999)
Kittyhawk Down (2003)
Snapshot (2005)
Chain of Evidence (2007)
Blood Moon (2009)
Whispering Death (2011)

The setting of BLOOD MOON is Schoolies Week, a week at the end of the school year when those finishing their schooling cut loose in various resorts all over Australia. There is an unbelievable level of tension as local residents hold their breath, waiting to see what damage the teenagers cause, how many of them are charged with drug abuse or drunkenness, how many clashes there are with the authorities. The events in BLOOD MOON align well with what the public "knows" can happen in Schoolies Week.

See my full review.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Oh, now this is a good choice for D. And you've reminded me I'm not well enough acquainted with Disher's work. I should be.

Unknown said...

Oh, fascinating. Thanks for the review.

srivalli said...

Blood Moon sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.

Peggy Ann said...

Sounds like Spring Break week in America. All the beach communities are bombarded.

J.L. Campbell said...

This sounds familiar for those of us who are from places where young people visit for spring break. Sounds like an intriguing tale.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin