24 July 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012: J is for Jo Nesbo


I've decided that for my participation in the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2012 I will highlight recently read books or their authors.


So they'll all come from my 2012 Reviews. Or at least that's the plan.

My choice for the letter J is Jo Nesbo whose name appears twice on my list of books this year. Click on the image to go to his website.

4.7, HEADHUNTERS, Jo Nesbo - Kindle
This is a stand-alone.
Set in Oslo, the novel's central character is Roger Brown, a highly successful corporate headhunter.

    Roger Brown, the headhunter who has never nominated a candidate for a job he did not get, who if necessary manipulates, forces, levers and rams the candidate in, who has clients who trust his judgement implicitly, who without a moment’s hesitation place their company’s fate in his – and only his – hands. 
    To put it another way, it was not Oslo Port Authority who appointed their new traffic director last year, it was not Avis who appointed their Scandinavian director and it was quite definitely not the local authority who appointed the director of the power station in Sirdal. It was me.
Roger's problem is that he leads a lifestyle that demands an income well beyond what he actually earns, but Roger has come up with a ploy by which he supplements his income by stealing from the people he interviews.

4.7, PHANTOM, Jo Nesbo

A Harry Hole book. An interestingly structured, but very noir book, with the dominant narrator a boy who is already dead. And a rat with a problem.

Visit the meme page to see what others have chosen for the letter J.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - A great choice for J. Nesbø has said that he has a definite plan in mind for his Harry Hole series to end and that it will not continue past that point. I wonder what he's planning...

Peggy Ann said...

I would like to read the stand alone novels too! Good choice for J:)

Unknown said...

I like it when the author had an ending point for when his series will end. However, sometimes if the readers really love the characters and the series, it's nice when the writers continues it for a book or two.

TracyK said...

I enjoyed the one book I read by Nesbo and hope I enjoy the next ones in the Harry Hole series. The stand alone book sounds interesting also. I enjoyed your reviews.

Scott said...

Never heard of this author but will look him up.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin