3 July 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet: G is for Gentill


I've decided that for my participation in the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2012 I will highlight recently read books or their authors.

So they'll all come from my 2012 Reviews.
At least that's the plan.

My choice for the letter G is A FEW RIGHT THINKING MEN by Sulari Gentill

I began my review with

As the 21st century rolls on, and events that made us in the 19th and 20th get further away, Australians are in desperate need of good story tellers whose fictions are firmly embedded in an authentically drawn past. 
Last year Geoff McGeachin did it for me with THE DIGGERS REST HOTEL set in an Australia recovering from World War II, and now comes Sulari Gentill's series featuring artist and gentleman Rowland Sinclair, set in the period leading up to that war.


A FEW RIGHT THINKING MEN is #1 in the series, and now there are two more for me to track down, A DECLINE IN PROPHETS, and MILES OFF COURSE.

Read the rest of the review here

See what others have chosen for the letter G

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Gentill is an author whose work I haven't sampled yet. But I really enjoy historical mysteries; I need to try this series.

Unknown said...

I just love those covers! Thanks for the reviews.

Sulari Gentill said...

Dear Kerrie

Am very honoured to be your "G". Thank you.

Warm regards

Sulari

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin