2 August 2012

What I read in July 2012

Pick of the Month July 2012
An excellent reading month, with a mixture of formats including 4 hard backs from my local library.
I caught up with some favourite authors too - Agatha Christie, Peter Lovesey, Michael Stanley, Ian Rankin, Donna Leon, Aline Templeton, and Elly Griffiths. Regretfully no Australian authors, again, But I'm rectifying that now by reading Michael Robotham's latest.
Two outstanding books contended for my Pick of the Month.
Both are police procedurals but widely separated by setting but the main detectives have a lot in common including their size.

COP TO CORPSE is Peter Lovesey's latest, and I truly think with this one that it doesn't matter if you haven't read the earlier ones, but you'll want to afterwards.

DEATH OF THE MANTIS is #2 in the Kubu series and you really would be advised to read #1 first.

Both are terrific reads.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Amazing list of books.

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

What a great month you had!! Some great books and authors that are new to me. Watch my TBR grow. Thanks for sharing :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin