11 September 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012: Q is for THE QUARRY

Continuing with my decision to feature books I've read this year, then my choice for the letter Q is  THE QUARRY by Johan Theorin which I gave 5.0 to.

Synopsis (Amazon)

As the last snow melts on the Swedish island of Öland, Per Morner is preparing for his children’s Easter visit. But his plans are disrupted when he receives a phone call from his estranged father, Jerry, begging for help.
Per finds Jerry close to death in his blazing woodland studio. He’s been stabbed, and two dead bodies are later discovered in the burnt-out building. The only suspect, Jerry’s work partner, is confirmed as one of the dead. But why does Jerry insist his colleague is still alive? And why does he think he’s still a threat to his life?

When Jerry dies in hospital a few days later, Per becomes determined to find out what really happened. But the closer he gets to the truth, the more danger he finds himself in. And nowhere is more dangerous than the nearby quarry...  more

See what others have chosen for the letter Q.

3 comments:

Irene said...

did you like it? You don't say. It sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I'm very glad you featured this novel. I do like Theorin's work an awful lot. :-)

TracyK said...

I want to read this series but haven't bought any yet. I went to all your reviews for his books and they encourage me to get started soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin