6 November 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012: Y is for Yvette and Yaba


I've decided that for the Crime Fiction Alphabet meme this year I will try to feature books I've read in 2012.

So I have chosen two books this week, Y. (Yvette) A. Erskine's THE BROTHERHOOD which won the Reader's Choice Award in this year's Davitt Awards (Australian Sisters in Crime) and TRUE MURDER by Yaba Badoe.

Both are debut novels, one by an Australian, the other a British Ghanaian author.


I gave THE BROTHERHOOD  a rating of 5.0 here.

TRUE MURDER I read on my Kindle, and gave it 4.6.
My review is here.
See what others have chosen for the letter Y in the Crime Fiction Alphabet meme this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Excellent choices. I think The Brotherhood is among the best books I've read this year actually. So many layers and really strong characters. Lots of 'food for thought' too.

Peggy Ann said...

True Murder sounds like one I would like not sure about Brotherhood but will look for both!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin