22 February 2014

Review: BRUNO and LE PERE NOEL: a Christmas Short Story, Martin Walker

Read on my Kindle
An e-story published by Quercus 2012
ISBN 978-1-84866-241-4

A delightful "feel good" short story set in St. Denis.

A Lebanese Christian Miriam and her young son Richard have recently moved to St. Denis. Richard has already joined Bruno's rugby squad and Miriam sings at the church. Their background is a mystery to most, but Miriam carries a sadness with her. Bruno learns that her husband is a prisoner on parole who has recently absconded from his job.

It is a couple of days before Christmas and Jean-Pierre Bonnevale makes a rather dramatic entrance when he steals a small charity collection. 
The whole scenario gives Bruno the chance to play Father Christmas in more ways than one.

If you have met Bruno yet, I can't recommend these stories enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll have to read this one, Kerrie. I like the Bruno character quite a lot.

Irene said...

I haven't read Bruno yet, I shall check it out. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin