2 February 2014

What I read in January 2014

I have made good use of my Kindle and also some vintage publications from Wakefield Crime Classics.
14 books in all, reflecting the fact that some are short, I have been travelling and also that I do tend to read faster on my Kindle.
My Pick of the Month is
4.8, THE SECOND DEATH OF GOODLUCK TINUBU, Michael Stanley

Goodluck Tinubu, an ex-Zimbabwean who has taught in Botswana for many years, is viciously murdered in his tent at the Jackalberry bush camp, situated on an isolated peninsula in northern Botswana. Peter Sithole, allegedly a tourist from South Africa and a second guest at the camp, is found bludgeoned to death a few hours later. Detective “Kubu” Bengu is sent from Botswana’s capital, Gaborone, to assist the local Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in solving the crime.

Another guest at the camp – Ishmael Zondo - departed unexpectedly at dawn the morning after the murders. Now Zondo has completely disappeared, and the Zimbabwe police are unable – or unwilling – to trace him. Reports surface that he is wanted as a dissident in Zimbabwe. And, as a final enigma, matching fingerprint records reveal that Goodluck Tinubu was killed in the Rhodesian civil war thirty years earlier

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin