- 4.3, TAKE MY BREATH AWAY, Martin Edwards
- 5.0, THE DROWNED BOY, Karin Fossum - translated from Norwegian
- 3.8, THE JOURNEYING BOY, Michael Innes - vintage crime fiction
- 4.4, ODDFELLOWS, Nicolas Shakespeare - set in Broken Hill, 1 January 1915, some "Turks" attack a picnic train.
- 4.9, THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN, Paula Hawkins
- 2.0, THE LAUGHING MONSTERS, Denis Johnson
- 4.8, THOSE WE LEFT BEHIND, Stuart Neville
- 4.5, CROSS FINGERS, Paddy Richardson - New Zealand author
- 4.4, OBLIVION, Arnaldur Indridason - translated from Icelandic
- 4.5, FROZEN OUT, Quentin Bates - set in Iceland
‘He'd just learnt to walk,’ she said. ‘He was sitting playing on his blanket, then all of a sudden he was gone.’
A 16-month-old boy is found drowned in a pond right by his home. Chief Inspector Sejer is called to the scene as there is something troubling about the mother’s story. As even her own family turns against her, Sejer is determined to get to the truth.
See what others have chosen this month.