14 July 2015

Review: DOUBLE SIN and Other Stories, Agatha Christie

  • this edition a Center Point Large Print edition published in 2013
  • first published 1961
  • ISBN 978-1-61173-775-2
  • 250 pages
  • source: my local library
Synopsis

A collection of eight short stories, first published 1961.
My Take

In the long run I had actually already read five of these short stories in other collections, and I also realised that I had actually seen television versions of the other three.

Double Sin is the story of a young woman and her aunt who sell antiques and who run an insurance scam, looking for gullible travellers who will back up their claim that their wares have been stolen. In this case though they pick on Poirot and Hastings.

Wasps' Nest. Hercule Poirot becomes convinced that someone of his acquaintance is about to commit murder and he sets out to prevent it.

The Double Clue is the first of the stories that features the Countess Vera Rossakoff, a Russian lady who becomes involved in the theft some rubies and an emerald necklace. She makes the mistake of leaving two clues.

My rating : 4.0

I read these as part of the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge. Check my short story list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I always rather liked Countess Vera...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin